Rhode Island All Hazards Incident Management Team (RI-AHIMT) Type 3
Mission Statement: The State of Rhode Island All Hazards Incident Management Team (RI-AHIMT) is composed of public safety professionals who provide support and assistance to augment ongoing operations, or when requested by the authorized jurisdiction, transition activities to an incident management function, including all components/functions of Command and General Staff. The RI-AHIMT shall also be capable of providing Emergency Operations Center support as requested. These goals will be achieved through training, exercises and deployments in order to provide efficient, professional incident management assistance to state, local and regional authorities.
Purpose: The function of a Type 3 All Hazards team is to assist jurisdictions confronted with an incident beyond its capability in either scope or duration. The RI-AHIMT brings solid, professional support by providing:
- Robust management framework to support the jurisdiction in concluding the incident
- Logistical support, such as securing food, housing, sanitation, transportation and equipment
- Public information and notification support
- Operational support and expertise
- Communications planning and infrastructure
- Planning support with record keeping capabilities
- Safety measures and accountability for those operating at the incident
RI AHIMT (Type 3) Completes Planning Section Chief Training
In an ongoing effort to maintain and expand capabilities, the Rhode Island All Hazards Incident Management Team (Type 3) completed a four day training event for Planning Section Chief responsibilities. Thirty one students attended and completed this challenging course held at the Sheraton Airport Hotel in Warwick, RI. With the completion of this course, the RI AHIMT (3) becomes a deployable and proficient incident support team and available tool in the Incident Commander’s tool kit.